JCP&L has some exciting news for residential customers regarding payment assistance of utility bills.
The New Jersey Department of Community Affairs’ (DCA) Division of Housing and Community Resources (DHCR) recently announced the launch of “DCAid,” a new user-friendly eligibility screening tool designed to help New Jersey residents find available utility and housing assistance programs. The eligibility screening process only takes a couple of minutes to complete. Users can determine if they are eligible for DCA services that provide assistance with the following:
· Heating costs
· Utility bills
· Rent (including the Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program and the State Rental Assistance Program)
· Removal of lead hazards in the home
· Veterans Affair Supportive Housing (VASH)
· Weatherization assistance
· Homelessness prevention programs
The results, based on general income and household information entered, will provide a brief description of eligible programs with contact information for the agency where the user can apply.
The DCAid eligibility screening tool can be accessed at www.nj.gov/dca/dcaid.
People in emergency situations should dial NJ 2-1-1 for information on immediate assistance.