If you are a participant in the Community Energy Aggregation Program through the Hunterdon Area Energy Cooperative, you should be receiving a letter in the mail signed by Mayor Asdal. You can read the letter here.
- The letter is only being mailed to current HAEC participants in Chester Township.
- Participation in the program has no impact on service received by JCP&L.
- Participants may opt out at any time – no fees or penalties ever.
- Residents not currently enrolled in the program are able to opt in to the program at any time (this may take up to 1-2 billing cycles, depending on when the request is received). If a resident were to opt in to the program now, their account would only be enrolled for the balance of the current term through December 31, 2020.
- There will be a fresh 30-day opt-out period for the new program that starts in March 2021. Formal information packets, similar to the packets that were mailed to Chester residents for the current program, will be mailed to eligible residents (residents who aren’t under an individual contract with a TPS at the time of the mailing, residents who don’t have net meters for their solar panels, and residents who did not permanently opt-out of the HAEC) in January 2021, after which residents can opt-out of the program, do nothing and be enrolled at the reduced rate of $0.0867/kWh, or opt in to the 100% renewable supply at the rate of $0.0878/kWh.