The Chester Township Environmental Commission represents the residents and their long-term interests as local environmental advocates. The Commission works toward these goals by: advising the Township Council, the Planning Board and the Board of Adjustment on a range of environmental issues that affect the Township. The Commission advocates and participates directly in open space preservation, informs residents of environmental issues, promotes environmental education and works with other regional organizations to meet these goals.
The Environmental Commission is involved with a wide range of activities that may typically include the following:
- Disseminate information to Township residents
- Respond to resident questions and requests for information
- Apply for community grants to enhance Township parks and open space
- Implement programs to control invasive plants in Township parks
- Review and comment on proposed construction plans that have been submitted to the Township for approval
- Present awards for outstanding environmental projects at the Chester Science Fair
The Chester Township Environmental Commission meets on the second Monday of each month at 7:00pm at the Chester Township Municipal Building. The public is welcome to attend.