Chester Township Public Works serves all of the residents in Chester Township by enhancing the quality of life and relationships within our community.
Seasonal and ongoing activities include:
- General road repairs, as well as snow and ice removal, on the Township’s roadway network
- Maintenance of the Township’s police, rescue, and administrative vehicles
- Traffic sign maintenance and roadway striping of all municipal roads
- Electronic waste recycling collection at DPW building the first Saturday and Wednesday of every month
- Fleet Maintenance of all mechanized vehicles and equipment for: Chester Police, Chester First Aid Squad, Emergency Management, Administrative Vehicles, Public Works, Parks, and Chester Board of Education
- Maintenance of Chester Township parks and the Chester Township Municipal Building
- Repairs to Township-owned facilities.
Mailbox Damage and Replacement
Click here to view the ordinance covering the damage to mailboxes caused by official Township activities (snow plowing) and reimbursement. Reports of damaged mailboxes due to Township plows should be directed to the DPW Secretary, Mary Nowicki, at 908-879-5916 x319 or MNowicki@chestertownship.org
Placing a new mailbox
Here are some helpful guidelines to follow when installing a mailbox:
- Position your mailbox 41″ to 45″ above ground level.
- Place your mailbox 6″ to 8″ back from the curb. If you do not have a raised curb, contact your local postmaster for guidance.
- Put your house or apartment number on the mailbox.
- If your mailbox is on a different street from your house or apartment, put your full street address on the box.
- Mailboxes take a beating from the weather, so we recommend an annual mailbox checkup to avoid damage to your mail or difficulty identifying your address.
- Tighten loose hinges on the door.
- Take care of rusty or loose parts.
- Replace missing or faded house numbers.
- Keep the path to your mailbox clear.
During snow removal operations sometimes mailboxes are damaged due to improper installation. In an effort to prevent damage to your mailbox, please see the following USPS installation instructions. It is important to note that both the height and the distance from the curb or shoulder measurements should be followed accordingly.
Road Maintenance Information
Questions regarding how we make decisions about road improvement projects? View this presentation titled ‘Roads 101’ presented by DPW Chief Craig Reiner.
To report a pothole please e-mail email@example.com
Tentative Road Maintenance Schedule for 2022
Micro Paving Update as of 7/25/22
Due to rain the Micro paving schedule has been impacted. Please see the updated schedule below.
Tuesday 7/26/22 Hunters Trail
Forest View Dr.
Wednesday 7/27/22 Winding Way
Thursday 7/26/22 Robin Ct.
In the event of future inclement weather, and Micro Paving is cancelled for the remainder of the day, Micro Paving will pick back up on the next good weather day with an adjusted schedule. Please refer to the Township Website for updates.
2022 Resurfacing Schedule (Tentative)
NJ DOT LOCAL AID 2022
Old Chester Gladstone Rd, from Orr Ter. To Rt 206
Mill and Pave:
Walnut Hill Dr.
In House Paving:
Lamerson Rd (Portion Of)
Tannersbrook Rd (Portion Of)
Spring Lake Dr.
Note: All resurfacing work is subject to changes due to major surcharges in oil at this time.